Pages

Monday 6 February 2017

Wreck My Life

http://bakerpublishinggroup.com/books/wreck-my-life/379300


Back Cover


What if we began to recognize trouble and adversity as scared rather than scarring?

Jesus promises peace and trouble for His followers.  But most of us accept the peace and are confused and angry when adversity comes our way, turning our backs to God in the midst of our pain.

All-American soccer star Mo Isom knows the struggle firsthand.  While her life seemed like a success on the surface, behind closed doors she was suffering through an eating disorder, the suicide of her father, and a horrific car accident.  It wasn’t until God wrecked her life that she finally found like and discovered the true glory of renewal through Jesus Christ.

Take the journey from broken to bold and learn to surrender your life to the King who was first wrecked on your behalf.


Review


In a raw and unflinching manner, Mo Isom tells us a story of loss and triumph, of heartache and restoration, and ultimately, of God’s sustaining and never-ending love, powerful enough to change lives and heal brokenness.

Mo gives us a look inside tumultuous times in her life and holds nothing back.  From her Dad’s suicide, her eating disorder, and how those circumstances brought incredible amount of pain into her life, to her journey to rest her hope and life solely in Christ, Mo’s story will impress itself on every reader’s heart.


Personally, it encouraged me in my own walk with Christ and challenged me to live more boldly – striving to always be a witness for Him who I call my Lord.  Mo has chosen to use the difficult and painful circumstances in her life as a platform for telling of the heavenly Father’s love for us, and Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross. As she states in her book, the decision wasn’t an easy one, for it required complete and full surrender of her life to God.  As she says on Page 46, “…for some reason, we seem to be people who would rather place our hope in manmade autonomy than surrender our lives to a God-designed identify when that identity requires faith to believe.”  But, “…Christ didn’t just die for my (our) sins, He died because of my (our) sins.” (Page 115 – parenthesis added)  Once that is fully recognized, then “…I should actually set my gaze back on God instead of focusing so much on the details of the journey I wanted Him to be orchestrating…I think that oftentimes we would argue that we are open to God authoring our stories when, in actuality, we are trying in our own strength to conveniently squeeze God into the story we’ve prewritten ourselves” (Page 157).  I’m definitely guilty of looking at my life and doing my own thing, when I really should be saying “Lord, lead me to where YOU want me to be”.

In closing, thank you, Mo, for sharing your story, for encouraging fellow believers, and being a witness to the world. 

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment