Pages

Tuesday 10 May 2016

Thin Ice

http://bakerpublishinggroup.com/books/thin-ice/351430



Back Cover 

After losing her parents and her sister, Christy Reed has been mired in grief.  Now, life is finally starting to feel normal again – until an envelope addressed in her sister’s handwriting arrives in the mail.  And the note inside claims she is still alive.

FBI Special Agent Lance McGregor, a former Delta Force operator, is assigned to reopen the case…but he’s coming up with more questions than answers.  Is Christy a pawn in a twisted cat-and-mouse game—or the target of a sinister plot?  As Lance digs deeper, one thing becomes clear:  someone in the shadows has a deadly agenda. 

Review 

Irene Hannon is seriously the Queen of romantic-suspense novels.  The plots are always original, the characters well-developed, the romance swoon-worthy, the spiritual element very real and encouraging, and the suspense of the “edge-of-your-seat” variety.  I don’t think I’ve ever been disappointed in reading one of Irene’s novels.  As an aspiring writer myself, she is an author I very much look up to as she always delivers – and her writing is superb! 

Thin Ice is the second novel in the “Men of Valor” series, and is Lance McGregor’s story.  Readers were introduced to Lance’s older brother, Mac McGregor, in Buried Secrets.  There is a third brother, Finn McGregor, who is featured in the third novel, due out in the fall of this year, which I am eagerly anticipating.  I’ve already read the teaser for Finn’s story twice, and the cliff-hanger ending gave me the shivers.

But back to Thin Ice – it was one of those rare books that I wanted to read all over again after I turned the last page.  From the tense opening, to the explosive climax, it was a fabulous read.  For all the mystery/suspense lovers out there – I highly recommend this book!

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment